participants in our first Apprentice Programme in 2010 put up a showcase performance in October last year.
As response to the programme has been positive, Tapestry Playback Theatre will be starting its second Apprentice Programme from April 2011.
A brief outline of the Apprentice Programme is below. If you have any queries, do email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We can also email you a more detailed pamphlet.
We will be holding a Q&A session on the Apprentice Programme this Sunday (27th Feb) at 6:30pm at Going Om (63, Haji Lane, Singapore 189256).
Brief Outline of Programme
• To equip individuals who are interested in Playback Theatre (P.T.) with the core skills in P.T.
• To provide an avenue for discussion of P.T. issues in a learning and stimulating environment.
• To create mentoring relationships for apprentices who may want to pursue their interests in P.T in the long run.
• Anyone who has had some working experiences (full time/part-time)
• Has a heart for doing community theatre work
• Enjoys watching or doing dramatic arts
• Optional: Basic singing and acting skills or attended any Playback Samplers
Date of Commencement: 2 April 2011
Duration of Programme: April to September 2011 (6 months)
Day/Time: 1 Sat training session per month from 3.30pm – 7pm (3.5 hrs) + 1 Sunday Open Rehearsal per month from 5pm –7pm (2 hrs)
Cost: Registration Fee $50 + Training Fees $530 = $580.
(Option to pay in 2 instalments may be given on a case by case basis)
The apprentice will receive a Certificate of Achievement:
Total number of training hours = >40 hours equivalent to a Core Training course
The Apprentice Programme is accredited by the Centre for Playback Theatre in New York.
During the programme, the apprentice will be taught the basic Playback forms, rituals and learn improvisational theatre skills that are essential to Playback Theatre. He/she will also be given one to one mentorship guidance by one of the trainers in the programme.
More details about the programme’s course outline will be given in the briefing in the Open Rehearsals in February and March 2011.